How We Give Back
Annual FUNraising Campaign
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
— Margaret Meade
Each year, thousands of Future Professionals and staff members from Paul Mitchell Schools donate their time, talent, and energy to support a variety of charitable causes. Over the past 10 years, our annual, three-month-long "FUNraising" campaign has raised over $11.2 million through bake sales, fashion shows, cut-a-thons, grassroots outreach, and countless other activities and events to support our philanthropic efforts.
In addition to hosting and participating in charity, fundraising (and FUNraising), and community support events, Paul Mitchell Schools runs the nonprofit organization, Andrew Gomez Dream Foundation. Thanks to the funds raised, as well as the support and volunteerism generated by the Andrew Gomez Dream Foundation, we have accomplished the following:
- Built two homes through Habitat for Humanity
- Fed thousands of African orphans
- Provided life-saving pediatric equipment for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- Sponsored groundbreaking health studies in dogs and cats through Morris Animal Foundation
- Expanded Cancer Schmancer's Fran Van program and supported their Trash Cancer prevention campaign to encourage disease-preventing behavior changes
- Helped build custom-designed “smart homes” for our nation’s most severely wounded warriors while supporting active duty service members, veterans, first responders, and the children and families of our fallen through the Gary Sininse Foundation
- Helped the Magic Johnson Foundation provide four-year college scholarships; test people from low-income communities for HIV; upgrade their Community Empowerment Centers; support the annual Kids' Mardi Gras for children from foster homes, homeless shelters, and other community service organizations; and serve people at the annual Holiday Lunch and Toy Party
- Sponsored deaf children for in the No Limits national theater program, providing the services they need to thrive in the hearing world and helping them improve their communication skills and confidence while educating the community about hearing loss
- Provided resources for caregivers through the Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation
- Provided hair care services for the poor, homeless, and underpriveleged
- Helped beauty industry professionals in the wake of natural disasters
- Provided educational opportunities and financial assistance to students, cosmetologists, and cosmetology-related enterprises that are disadvantaged or facing hardship
- Supported the victims of AIDS, breast cancer, homelessness, domestic abuse, and hundreds of other causes
"People in need are not just those who line up at a soup kitchen on Thanksgiving Day. At Paul Mitchell Schools, giving back is an ongoing attitude about how we do business."
– Winn Claybaugh
Dean and Cofounder of Paul Mitchell Schools
"It’s about each of us paying more than our share of rent on this planet in order to help many people have much better lives or even have the chance to live one. What a great culture that is!"
– John Paul DeJoria
Chairman and CEO of John Paul Mitchell Systems